Sunday, January 29, 2012

Half-hour Boat: Part 1....


To all,

I have a Colonial River Gunboat that I want to use at Cold Wars but I have no time to paint it up. So I decided to see if I could get it respectable in less than a half an hour. The caveat here is that the 30 minuets is the amount of time I actually spent working on the model - this does not include the time it took the paint to dry between steps.

Here goes:

I primed all sections of the boat black - total spray time 6 minutes



Next I sprayed the bottom of the hull Army Painter Dragon Red - total spray time 1 minute.


There is a line going arount the bottom of the hull. I aligned blue painter's tape along it and took it back to the priming area - 4 minutes.



I then sprayed the hull and the "cabin" with a grey primer. I used primer because it has the matte finish I'm looking for and will cover in one coat. I held the can at a 45-degree angle.


The wheel house and deck are sprayed with white primer - again at an angle to keep some of the highlight.

The roof is sprayed Dragon Red and the smoke stack Ultramarine Blue (no picture).

Here are the pieces drying on the priming board.


It is going very quick so far - about 18 minutes of actual work.

Part 2 tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment